Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hey Twilight Fans


     
     Today I went to "Project Book Babe," a cool book event created to support Faith, a children's book promoter who was diagnosed with breast cancer. Ten authors and two bands entertained an audience of about 600 people.  The authors were Chris Gall, P.J. Haarsma, Shannon Hale, J.S. Lewis, Dean Lorey, Stephenie Meyer, Brandon Mull, James A. Owen, Janette Rallison, and Laini Taylor; the two bands were Adam Kump and the Adam Watts Band.
     What was my favorite part?  I enjoyed the authors' panel where the writers talked about their writing process.  The raffle was suspenseful because we came very close, but we didn't win anything.  Some of the prizes were a signed box set of all the Twilight books, art pieces by one of the authors, and various signed books.  The live auction winners took home Stephenie Meyer's prom dress, various manuscripts, an awesome skateboard, and a future lunch with Stephenie Meyer.  The highest bid was for the lunch which went for $6,500.  Oh, my gosh!
     I really liked the bands, and I got to meet them while they signed my CD's.  I'll post pictures of the bands too in the very near future.  
     I wish all my friends who love books as much as I do could have been there.  Oh, and best wishes to Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment