Monday, April 13, 2009

It's Almost April 15th

Minneapolis Skyline

     My science/technology teacher is letting us play "The Real Game" at school.  It's not as fun as it sounds because it's just like pretending you're grown up with bills and more bills and taxes.  You randomly select a job.  Then you get your gross monthly income and you have to subtract your apartment costs, transportation costs, groceries, clothing, leisure items, activities, miscellaneous costs, and taxes.       I'm a parole officer living in the District on Delaware Apartments in Minneapolis, and after all of the deductions, I'm making $512.20.  I'm not doing so well compared to nearly everyone else in the class. (One boy in my class is a trucker and is making more than I am!)
     Well, this game is really hard with all of the finances and what not.  I can't believe that I'm going to have to do this in real life in about ten years.  I am not looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment