Monday, June 22, 2009

Sooooo Odd


My sister has an affection for peanuts, but not for eating them. She keeps them as pets and names them. Here in this picture is a rare four-nut peanut. Their names as given by my sister are (from left to right): Nutty, Nutsatoo, Nutto, and Nutsacracker. Her first peanut pet was named Goober. He was a one-nut peanut, and as her bedtime stories went, had two-nut peanut parents. He actually slept each night in one half of an empty walnut shell on my sister's dresser. In these stories, he went to school and wanted to be a two-nut peanut or a three-nut peanut instead. Fortunately, Goober went to a boarding school made especially for one-nut peanuts. He did not last long. Shortly after Momma created these stories, he was accidently smashed by the lethal palm of my brother. My sister was sooooo sad, she called the "peanut ambulance," who fixed him up by putting a band-aid all around him. He lived for another three months and then poor Goober just disappeared forever. I told you it was odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment